My ticker...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2 Fructose withdrawal

I lost 0.8 kg. In one day. That has to be fluid retention letting go.

I woke up this morning with a massive headache. The paracetamol didn't much help, and it lasted until about lunch time. I felt very irritable, but kept my temper in check for the sake of my co-workers (not to mention our sharing office space with our client right now). It subsided at least! We'll see how I go tomorrow.

I am still quite hungry - I ate another load of mixed nuts, and a bunch of rice crackers to fill-in the hungry times. For breakfast - an egg, bacon and slice of sprouted whole grain bread (rye). Unfortunately, I see that it contains 13.5% sugar - not sure in what form because it is not added sugar. So better be safe, I'll go back to my old wholemeal bread. Helga's traditional wholemeal is 2.3% sugar, so just above 1% fructose. That's pretty much in like with Gillespie's book, around the light rye bread, but higher fibre at 6.7%. I'm going to investigate Burgen rye next time I go shopping.

Lunch was my usual salad - lettuce, carrot, cucumber, zucchini,  bean sprouts, avocado, flaked tuna, cheese, cherry tomato, red cabbage, shallots, celery and apple. Dressing was Jalna BioDynamic Organic yoghurt with a tiny bit of lemon juice.

Dinner: spaghetti. I used Bertolli's Five Brothers Five Cheese pasta sauce. 4.8% sugar, so not too horrible. Still I will try and make my own from scratch in the future. I added some mince beef to that. Pasta was Orgran Italian Style Gluten free Spaghetti. 0.9% sugar.

I am literally too full to contemplate desert. I started feeling like I was over-eating near the end of that meal (I had a pretty big bowl)... is that the feeling I'm looking for? I used to find being 'full' was when I physically couldn't fit food in anymore. I'm pretty sure I could fit more, but I don't feel like it. It's a start I guess! I'll have to look for that feeling again.

My daughter is doing well. She loves Gillespie's Anzac biscuits, which is a relief. I'll try other deserts as the weeks go by. I don't talk much about my son, that's because he's pretty much sugar free already. He doesn't drink juice and hardly ever eats desert. So he's all set, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment