My ticker...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Two weeks

So it seems I have leveled out a little. I'll paraphrase myself from the Sweet Poison Forum:

I find that my body is MUCH more sensitive to how much I eat than before. If I eat too much, then I can easily put on 0.5 kg in one day (up to 0.8 kg). I have noticed that I eat less and less, but I realise that I was still eating too much. I see a plate full of food in front of me and I want to finish it off. So, I've started really paying attention to my appetite. I eat a small meal and then I wait until I get that really empty feeling in my belly rather than that desire to taste something before eating again. I noticed too that at one point during my meal I get this thought 'I think I might have eaten enough' and often ignore it because the food tastes good. I will no longer ignore it.

Though the appetite control kicks-in, I think some of us need to learn to recognise it rather than hope it happens all on its own.

So this started last night. Today... wow. I had 1 piece of toast for breakfast with cheese on it. Ate nothing until lunch, when I still wasn't feeling hungry. I had a salad. Felt hungry then suddenly - yep, that's when the belly went into crazy rumbling mode. So I had a few blueberries. Then nothing until dinner time. I came home, tried a small piece of the fructose-free chocolate I made during the weekend to see how it tastes and that KILLED my appetite completely! Just to be healthy, I ate a few cooked carrot sticks and green beans and a very small piece of steak (if you make touch the tip of your thumb with the tip of your index finger, that's how big it was).

I wonder how the weight will be in the morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment