My ticker...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 9 and some progress

I must admit, I was a little (secretly) skeptical... But it is actually happening. I am eating less and less every day, and I am not even trying! I am not constantly thinking of food either. I know I would probably not be able to stop myself if I tasted something sweet, but I find it actually easy now to stay clear of the sweet foods. This is awesome! I've lost 2 kg so far, in less than 2 weeks! This is truly amazing.

I've tried some recipes from Gillespie's Quit book, the anzac biscuits and the chocolate slice (with chocolate glaze)... both yum! My daughter and husband both loved them too. I must admit my daughter is facing some real challenges, all the kids in her class are giving each other little Christmas cards with either candy canes or little chocolate santas... She kept the chocolates (they are in the fridge) and threw away the candy canes. She has actually not eaten the chocolates yet and I am not going to remind her where they are! I'm proud of how well she is doing. I'm not forcing it on her, but I do inform her of the things that contain sugar, and she makes the decision herself.

My husband is a few days behind me, but he is seeing how well I am doing and I think it is motivating him. He's giving it a real go this time, fingers crossed! Thank goodness for those dextrose recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment