My ticker...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 4 detox

I've lost 1.2 kg so far. I still believe it has to do with the initial fluid retention. I don't expect to loose all that much in the days to come. After again eating like mad on day 3 (LOTS of nuts), I decided to cut out the nuts and see how I go. I've also skipped the bacon with my egg breakfast, and have since day 1 replaced my sprouted whole grain bread with Helgas wholemeal. I managed pretty well. I even started to feel hunger pains on the way home! I still have a massive dinner, though and I am still waiting for that 'too full' feeling. It hasn't really come yet.

I found that drinking water helps a lot. If I think I'm hungry, I have a glass of water and I wait a little. I heard that sometimes we can confuse thirst for hunger. Another thing I've read somewhere is that taking vitamins might help. If you're lacking in some vitamin, you might feel hungry. That is your body's way to make you eat more in hopes that what you DO eat will have the vitamin it seeks. I'll give that a go.

At work today there was a special morning tea to celebrate a birthday. I went. There were 4 boxes of 12 doughnuts in assorted flavours. I'm happy to report that I wasn't even tempted! I did hesitate for a moment when I saw some Drumstick ice cream cones in my freezer, but didn't touch them. I find that reminding myself that I am detoxing helps to stay focussed. I really don't want to have to start from scratch again.

My husband came back from a short business trip, and I find that he has not seriously stuck with the Fructose avoidance. I think he really needs to read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment